Sophomore Teen Exchange
This seminar, sponsored by MOCSA (Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault), was specifically developed for the St. Teresa's Academy sophomore class. The purpose is to lessen the ill effects of sexual assault and abuse through prevention, education, intervention and advocacy.
- Discussion of healthy and unhealthy relationships and how to recognize the differences.
- Learning about gender stereotypes, how the media perpetuates gender stereotypes, and how these stereotypes affect adolescent girls.
- Helping girls set healthy boundaries before dating and relationships begin.
- Learning what sexual harassment is, who can be a perpetrator and what to do if it occurs.
- Learning the facts regarding rape: in 85% of all rapes, the victim knows the perpetrator, and in 80% of all rapes, alcohol is involved.
- Learning how to keep yourself safe and what to do if rape or date rape happens to you or someone you know.