St. Teresa’s Academy educates young women to think critically, encourages them through Catholic values to love the dear neighbor without distinction, and empowers them to change the world.
St. Teresa’s Academy is the prominent leader in high school education in the Kansas City area. An STA graduate is empowered by her Catholic, college-preparatory education and is known as a woman who makes a profound impact in the world.
We believe in the transformative power of a community guided by the tradition of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We approach education in the Spirit of Catholic Teaching with an environment of encouragement, mercy, healing and love as we journey on the path to holiness.
- We cultivate young women strong in faith who follow in the footsteps of our founding Sisters of St. Joseph as stewards of creation and servants of the Dear Neighbor.
We believe that recognizing each person’s authentic self and the multitude of differences that exist in our society creates a meaningful community built on mutual respect and dignity for all.
- We approach education from a multicultural perspective, teaching our students the value of including diverse voices within our classrooms and community.
- We cultivate young women to care for the underserved and excluded, to recognize the differences among us, and honor each person’s story so that all are included and held dear.
We believe that the female perspective is to be valued and that the female voice is the catalyst necessary to enact change in our world.
- We approach education in an open and participatory environment that encourages each young woman to find her unique voice and to view her perspective as valid and important.
- We cultivate young women with informed views, knowledge, and compassion, who recognize historical inequalities and are prepared to improve the well-being of future generations.
We believe true growth comes through care of the whole person in mind, heart, body, and spirit.
- We approach education with a focus on holistic well-being, where students are given the opportunity to engage in rigorous education for their mind, physical wellness for their body, and Catholic faith formation for their spirit.
- We cultivate young women who have a sense of self confidence and self acceptance, recognizing that each and every person, including our own selves, is worthy of love and deserves to be loved, accepted and embraced.
We believe that each student has an innate intellectual curiosity and as such, rigorous education is creative, individualized, challenging, embracing of risk and supportive through failure.
- We approach education as a community of scholars valuing collaboration over competition and recognizing that multiple voices bring stronger outcomes.
- We cultivate young women who not only seek to solve problems but to identify needs for growth as leaders and lifelong learners.
We believe that each student has a responsibility as a global citizen to address injustice.
- We approach education as an opportunity to recognize and respond to oppression and marginalization.
- We cultivate young women as ambassadors of action, who can identify injustice and respond with positive change.